Caribbean Sweet & Sticky Hot Wings. This delicious Caribbean Sticky wings is everything you want a sticky wing to be. It’s full of Caribbean flavors, a little spicy, sweet and super easy to make- on a grill or in the oven. Just a great balance of sweet, salty and spice. You will LOVE it!
I love baking chicken wings but also love the flavor and convenience of cooking them on the grill too! No messy clean up at the end. And my favorite part the added layer of smokiness that it adds to the overall taste of the chicken. So I switch things up every once in while. And since it’s summer I fire up the grill at least once a week.
This is truly a great way of enjoying chicken wings. And they are quite easy to grill too!
If you’re familiar with grilling, then this is a breeze to make. (And if you don’t want to grill of course you can bake them).
However, nothing beats a charcoal grill flavor in my books.
I use my 18 inch charcoal grill when I fire up the grill for the family. Low to moderate even heat works best when grilling these wings. You can easily get control over the flames that way. An it helps render out the fat from the skin making it crispy.
Get ready to fire up the grill for these chicken wings because they are simply…. amazing!!
Moist, tender, crispy and SUPER flavorful to the bone with or without sauce the sauce.
The hot & spicy sauce gets heat from Caribbean pepper sauce & sweetness from honey, and a slight lime-derived tang that provides a phenomenal finishing flavor touch to these already delicious wings. So you definitely do want to make it.
You can serve them plain — they are really delicious as is — or double up on the sauce and serve more on the side
- You can sub Caribbean Sauce with any Hot Sauce or make home made here
- Adjust the heat level to mild or heat seekers adjust to suit taste buds.
- 2-3 Tablespoons
- Homemade Jerk Spice Blend
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Green onions chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup pineapple juice or water
- ½ Cup Ketchup
- ⅛- 1/4 cup honey
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1-2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons or moreCaribbean Hot Saucee (adjust to taste)
- 1 Teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2-3 Tablespoon Maggie Sauce (Soy Sauce)
- 1 Teaspoon cornstarch
- 2½ - 3 pounds chicken wings
- 2 Tablespoons Jerk Seasoning (recipe below)
- Salt to taste
- Add butter to medium or small skillet and melt. Then add garlic, chopped sauté for about 1minute or more.
- Then add; ketchup, honey, brown sugar, lemon juice, hot sauce, Maggie Sauce a except for the cornstarch. Simmer for about a 2 minutes.
- In a separate thoroughly mix the cornstarch with some of the juice or water.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture into the saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Low heat and simmer for about 10mins- you will have a thick and sticky sauce. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Let it cool.
- Chicken Wings
- Wash Chicken Wings, if time permits let it dry out in the fridge for a couple of hours (about 3 or more). Do not cover.
- If short on time, dry wings with paper towel or kitchen towel, then proceed with the next step.
- Place the chicken in a large plate or bowl, lightly salt, then mix with Jerk Spice and drizzle with oil (to prevent chicken from sticking to the grill).
- When you are ready to grill wipe down grill and lightly oil. Preheat for medium heat. Or if using charcoal fill it half full. Let it light up for about 25 or more minutes.
- Place chicken wings on the grill
- Let them grill for about for approximately 20-30 minutes, flipping every 3-4 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Remove and mix with sauce or serve on the side.