Resist the temptation of cooking the same thing over and over and make this Baked Garlic Paprika Chicken Legs dish instead, roasted with vegetables . You know why? Because it is packed with tons of flavor, the whole family would enjoy it and it comes together quickly. If chicken is on your mind this week, put this one pot low carb meal on menu. All you need is a few pantry staple spices, coupled with herbs on hand. For an added bonus you can throw in some vegetables in the roasting pan and have a delicious one-pot meal ready in less than no time. How easy is that? You would have a complete meal that looks as impressive as it tastes.
If you want a really crisp skin use a paper towel to wipe the chicken dry. Looking for carbs to pair this with? Then try pair it with this aromatic yellow rice. If using fresh vegetables be sure to blanch before adding so you can have really tender vegetables
- 3 -3 ½ pound chicken drumsticks
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1-teaspoon white pepper
- 1-teaspoon bouillon powder (you may replace with salt)
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 4-6 garlic cloves minced
- 2-Tablespoons onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3-4 Tablespoons fresh herbs(thyme, parsley, oregano)
- 1 pound or more green beans and carrots or any vegetables
- Wash chicken legs dry, rub with salt , white pepper and bouillon powder and set aside
- In a small pan set over medium low heat, combine canola oil, minced garlic, fresh herbs, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper . Stir for about 30 seconds or 1 minute. Let this mixture sit for a little bit about 5 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 425°.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl, toss with garlic paprika spice mix, then sprinkle with the onion powder.
- Line a baking pan with foil; Add vegetables at the bottom, top with a wire rack. Arrange chicken legs out in a single layer.
- Bake chicken legs until cooked through and skin is crispy, about 45-50 minutes
- If desired rotate chicken halfway through-roughly 25 minutes.
- Remove chicken and vegetables. For a carb option serve with rice