Deviled Eggs with Bacon and Jalapeños
A delightful appetizer not only for Easter, but for graduation parties, picnic and entertaining. Start with the Traditional filling and go crazy with the topping .
- 6 large hard boiled eggs peeled
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2-1 tsp creole seasoning adjust to taste
- 1/2-1 tsp hot sauce adjust to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 jalapenos , thinly, sliced
- 3-4 pieces bacon , cooked, crisp, and chopped
- 1/4 tsp paprika adjust to taste
Place eggs in a medium saucepan, cover with cold water , then bring to a rolling boil.Turn off heat, cover eggs and let it sit for about 10- 12 minutes. Remove one and do a test to be on the safe side
Remove the egg yolks and place in a medium mixing bowl. Add mayonnaise, creole seasoning, hot sauce , salt and pepper. Whisk ingredients until creamy and smooth.
Spoon egg yolk mixture into small resealable plastic bag. Cut small corner from bottom of bag; use to pipe filling into egg white halves.
Top with bacon and jalapenos and serve.
Calories: 133kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 189mg | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 63mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 445IU | Vitamin C: 3.1mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 0.6mg