Blackened Shrimp And Pasta
Blackened Shrimp and Pasta - A completely satisfying combination of blackened shrimp and pasta in a spicy flavorful sauce. Ready in 30 minutes. Good enough for date night or entertaining.
- 1 pound medium shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 1 ½ tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½-1 teaspoon oregano , flaked
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
Pasta and Sauce
- 8 ounce spaghetti or fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- ½ medium onion sliced
- 2-3 medium tomatoes , diced
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon Creole spice or blackened spice
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup or more chicken broth
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley , for garnishing (optional)
Start by boiling pasta in a large pot, according to box instructions. Drain and set aside.
Generously season the shrimp with blackened spices and salt to taste. Heat oil/butter over medium heat in a heavy bottomed Dutch.
Sauté for about 3 -5 minutes shrimp set aside.
Add onions, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir for about a minute. Then add thyme, paprika, Creole or blackened spice, followed by bell peppers, chicken broth, salt, and Worcestershire sauce.
Bring it to a boil then simmer for about 7-10 minutes.
Mixed pasta or fettuccine . And toss with shrimp or serve blackened shrimp on top. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
- Leave the cayenne pepper when making your very own Creole seasoning, if you don't want any heat in this shrimp pasta recipe.
- You can use any type of pasta for this recipe.
- Feel free to swap shrimp with sausage or any protein.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 345kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 228mg | Sodium: 899mg | Potassium: 447mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1835IU | Vitamin C: 19.3mg | Calcium: 175mg | Iron: 4mg