Homemade Berbere Spice Seasoning Blend- Ethiopian Berbere Spice made with cardamom, fenugreek, cumin, ginger, chills, paprika and more. A building block in Ethiopian Cooking.
- 3 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- 1- tablespoon ground ginger spice
- 1 Tablespoon granulated garlic spice
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon spice
- ½ Tablespoon ground nutmeg spice
- ½ Tablespoon Fenugreek
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoons cardamon spice
- 1 Tablespoon or more Hot pepper Chili, cayenne pepper Adjust to suit taste buds
If using whole grain, lightly toast, on low heat, in a fry pan, for a couple of minutes, before grinding. Cook just until the spices smell nice and toasty. Then grind in a coffee grinder.
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, or Jar and stir so that all the ingredients have been fully combined