Couscous Mango Corn Salad
Couscous Mango Corn Salad- Light, Refreshing, Satisfying and Easy on the Eyes.
Servings 4 -5
- 2 cups steamed couscous
- 1 large mango diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1-2 tomato diced
- 2 ears fresh corn or 1 cup corn
- 1 cup cucumber diced
- ¼ cup diced sweet onions
- ¼ cup fresh herbs mint, parley
- 1/2 cup feta cheese optional
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon Vinegar any variety
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Combine garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt pepper, herbs in a blender or screw top jar and shake or process until well blended.
If grilling corn ,preheat stovetop grill pan or an outdoor grill. You may lightly spray corn with cooking spray or brush with butter.
Grill corn, turning occasionally, until charred or brown about 7 - 10 minutes; remove from heat and let it cool. Slice off kernels with a knife and place in a bowl.
Boil Couscous according to package instructions and immediately rinsed set aside
Combine corn , couscous, mango, tomatoes , mint, cucumber and avocado. Or arrange on a platter . top with cheese and/or dressing on the side
- You can use either Israel couscous or Moroccan couscous they both work interchangeably in this salad.
- You can use regular canned corn or grill corn.This is very versatile salad because you can add or remove any ingredient that does not rock your boat.
Calories: 345kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 222mg | Potassium: 472mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1045IU | Vitamin C: 31.5mg | Calcium: 125mg | Iron: 1.2mg