Stewed Greens – Collard green, Kale, Spinach and Cabbage loaded with leftover turkey.
Servings 4 -5
- 1-1/2 pound leftover turkey smoked turkey, ham, shrimp- cut in bite pieces
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds of frozen leafy vegetables spinach, kale, collard greens thawed
- 2-3 cups sliced cabbage
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 5-6 fresh tomatoes chopped
- 1- teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ -1 cup canola oil
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper or more adjust to
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon bouillon powder optional
Heat canola oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until hot.
Lightly sauté the turkey until it is fragrant and slightly brown about 5 minutes. Set some aside if you wish to top with some turkey.
Add onion, garlic stir for about 3-4 minutes, stirring often and scraping any browned bits off the bottom of the pot.
Add tomatoes, cayenne pepper, paprika (bouillon) and cook stirring for about 7-10minutes. Salt lightly
Through in the spinach, kale, cabbage and let it simmers, for about 3-5 minutes, mix well, and adjust for seasonings and serve
Calories: 308kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 220mg | Potassium: 822mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 7360IU | Vitamin C: 69.8mg | Calcium: 300mg | Iron: 1.8mg