Bang Bang Shrimp
Bang Bang Shrimp – The most amazing shrimp appetizer , it’s crispy , spicy and the sauce – to die for.
Servings 3 -4
- 1 pound shrimp 30-40 peeled and deveined
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4-5 teaspoons chili garlic sauce such as Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup breadcrumbs ( I used panko)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Oil for deep-frying
In a medium bowl mix mayonnaise, chili sauce, honey and rice vinegar; cover and set aside.
In a large bowl mix flour, bread crumbs , black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt; set aside.
Next bread the shrimp by coating first in bread mixture, then into the buttermilk and back into the breading mixture – Place on a plate.
To help the breading stay on the shrimp let it rest in the fridge for about 10-20minutes
Heat a saucepan on medium high heat with oil or use your deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
When heat is hot enough deep fry shrimp 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. You may have to do so in batches
Mix shrimp with sauce start with 1/2 of the sauce and add more according to preference . Enjoy!
- You can go easy on the Chili sauce if you like spicy but not overly hot- 2 teaspoons would be a good balance. However, 4 are just perfect for me- the sweetness from the honey balances everything out.
Calories: 602kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 405mg | Sodium: 2673mg | Potassium: 270mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 155IU | Vitamin C: 6.2mg | Calcium: 330mg | Iron: 4.8mg