Chai Tea Latte
Chai Tea Latte - super easy guilt-free homemade Chai Latte that is rich, creamy, spicy and sweet. A perfect warm blend to lighten you up especially on cooler days.
Servings 3 glasses
- 2 cups (473 ml) of coconut milk
- 1 cup (175ml) of water
- 2 star anise
- 2 teaspoons of grated or finely chopped ginger
- 2 short crumble cinnamon sticks
- 7 cardamon pods heavily crushed
- 2 bags of black tea I used earl grey
- 3 sweetener packet sweetener splenda ,stevia
- 6 tablespoons of fat free whipped cream optional
- 1 whole nutmeg for topping optional
Crush star anise, cinnamon sticks, cardamom pods and chop ginger( for an intense ginger flavor you can mince the ginger , depending on your preference)
In a medium saucepan, add 2 cups of water together with the crushed spices (cinnamon, cardamom, ginger and star anise)
Bring the water to a boil, then let the spices simmer for 5-8 minutes.
Turn off the heat and then add tea bags and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
When the tea has reached it’s desired strength add coconut milk. Bring to a boil and turn off heat.
Serve warm with grated nutmeg and whipped cream or let it cool and pour over ice.
Calories: 60kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 142mg | Potassium: 52mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 435IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1.1mg