Pimento Cheese - a quintessential of Southern food; primarily a blend of sharp cheddar cheese, mayonnaise and sweet spicy pimento peppers. Creamy, slightly sweet and slightly sharp. An addictive appetizer that perfectly goes with crackers, veggies, sandwiches and burgers!
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup gouda (sub with cheddar cheese )
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ jalapenos pepper ,seeded , diced (adjust to taste )
- 4 ounces diced pimentos, , drained
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce , optional
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Bring cream cheese to room temperature before proceeding.
Then add cream cheese, cheddar and gouda cheese , mayonnaise, garlic, onion powder , cayenne pepper , jalapeños , pimentos and hot sauce to a large bowl.
Thoroughly mix - use mixer, if possible, this with ensure that the mixture is fully combined.
if desired. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- If you can only find the whole jarred pimentos, just dice them up yourself with a knife or food chopper.
- I go with Philadelphia cream cheese, but generic will work just fine. Make sure to soften it so it'll combine with the other ingredients well.
- Add more mayonnaise if you want a thinner consistency. Adjust taste to your preference.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.