Chicken Taquitos - absolutely delicious, quick and easy dinner recipe featuring a taco-seasoned shredded chicken, salsa and a delightful cream cheese mixture. Crispy on the outside and fully-loaded on the inside!
Servings 12 - 15 taquitos
- 3 cups (405 g) shredded chicken
- ½ cup (60 g) cream cheese
- 1 cup (100 g) grated cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup (86 g) salsa
- 2 fresh green onions , small diced
- 2 teaspoons (8 g) taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon (1 g) minced cilantro
- ½ tablespoon (7.5 ml) lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 to 15 8-inch tortillas
- vegetable oil , for brushing
Preheat oven at 400F, prepare baking sheet by lining the bottom with parchment paper
and lightly grease with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, add shredded chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, salsa, green
onions, taco seasoning, cilantro, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix until smooth. Taste and
add more seasoning if needed.
Place about 3 tablespoons of chicken mixture on the flour tortillas about 1 inch from the
edge. Tightly roll up tortillas and place it seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat the process with the remaining chicken filling and tortillas and place them about 1
inch apart on the baking sheet.
Lightly brush the tops of the tortillas with oil or spray them with cooking spray.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tortillas are cooked and lightly golden brown around the
Serve with guacamole, sour cream, salsa, Mexican rice or your favorite sauce.
- Chicken taquitos can be stored in the freezer. Place the rolled taquitos in a freezer
safe Ziploc bag before spraying with oil spray, seal the freezer bag taking out as
much air, place in the freezer. When ready to bake, put them in a baking sheet and
spray with cooking spray and bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes.
- If you want to fry taquitos, best option is to use corn tortilla instead as they fry better. Heat the corn tortilla first for about 10 seconds on each side for it to pliable.
- You can use any leftover boneless shredded chicken breast or chicken thighs and rotiserrie chicken.
- If you don't have a taco seasoning handy, you may season it with favorite seasoning.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1taquitos | Calories: 335kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 631mg | Potassium: 232mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 290IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 157mg | Iron: 2.8mg