Mulled Wine - simple yet incredible homemade holiday drink spiced up with cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, cardamom, orange, and star anise. A traditional red wine-based winter cocktail that is sure to warm you up from head to toe!
Servings 4 - 5
- 1 cup (59.5ml) apple cider
- 1 (750ml) bottle dry red wine , such as Merlot or Pinot Noir
- ¼ cup (50g) brown sugar , adjust to taste
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange, sliced and juiced
- 3 allspice cloves
- 5 whole cloves
- ½ whole nutmeg
- 1-2 whole cardamom seeds , crushed
- 3 star anise
Combine apple cider, wine, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, orange slices, juices, allspice, cloves, nutmeg, cardamom seeds, and star anise in a medium saucepan and simmer over lower heat for 10 minutes, just enough time to allow flavors to meld together. Serve with orange peels and cinnamon sticks.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1glass | Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 148mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 74IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1mg