Steak Tips - delicious steak bites smothered in a savory spicy garlic butter sauce all made in one skillet in under 15 minutes. Quick, easy, mouthwatering skillet steak dish that will become everyone's most requested dinner!
Servings 3 - 4
- 1- 1 ½ lbs (453g-680g) top sirloin steak , cut in 1-inch pieces
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 teaspoon (8g-12g) Creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon (14ml) olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons (28ml-42ml) butter
- 2 teaspoons (10g) minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon (8.5g) Worcestershire Sauce (replace with extra soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) soy sauce (adjust to taste with more or less)
- ½ cup (57.5g) sliced onions (optional)
Lightly salt steak. Season with Creole seasoning and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large cast-iron (I used a 12-inch ) or skillet over high heat.
Place the steak in the pan in a single layer; you may have to work in batches depending on the size of your pan. You don’t want to crowd the pan. Crowding the pan prevents the steak from browning nicely.
Cook for about 2-3- minutes, on one side until golden brown, then turn and cook about 1-2 minutes on the other side. Repeat with remaining meat if needed.
Make space in the pan, add butter, garlic, saute for about 30 seconds then add, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and onions to the pan; cook for 2-3minutes, stirring to coat the meat in the sauce.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve over mashed potatoes, rice or steamed veggies.
- Any leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container or frozen up to 2 months. When serving, simply thaw and reheat on the stovetop.
- Avoid using tougher cuts such as chuck steak which is ideal for slow cooking.
- Do NOT crowd the pan. Crowding the pan prevents the steak from browning nicely.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 612kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 85g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 243mg | Sodium: 578mg | Potassium: 1451mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 788IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 6mg