Parmesan Crusted Baked Asparagus
These Parmesan Crusted Baked Asparagus brings a nice flavorful twist to an already yummy vegetable. They're tender, cheesy, garlicky wholesome side dish that is a great accompaniment to any meal. Got any leftover? Serve it as a healthy snack or as add-ons to your salad and stir-fry. Now that's hard to beat!
- 1 ½ lb. medium thick asparagus, washed, dried and wood ends removed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil for drizzling
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2–3 tablespoons melted butter (sub with olive oil)
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh parsley (optional) , chopped
Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly coat baking sheet with nonstick spray or oil.
In a large mixing bowl, salt and pepper asparagus. Drizzle with oil.
In a medium bowl mix together parmesan cheese, melted butter, garlic, breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning and lemon juice.
Transfer asparagus to baking sheet, topped with breadcrumbs mixture.
Bake about 10 minutes until asparagus are tender. Broil asparagus for 2 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown. Keep an eye on them the whole time. Sprinkle with parsley. And top with extra parmesan, if desired.
Serve warm with herb crusted pork roast and honey glazed carrots to complete your meal
- If you wanted to substitute the asparagus for another vegetable, only the cooking time will vary. The larger the vegetable, the longer the cooking time.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 284mg | Potassium: 261mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1123IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 182mg | Iron: 3mg