Tuna Macaroni Salad
Nothing says contemporary food than this Tuna Macaroni Salad. With its sweet and savory mixture, this easy salad recipe is surely a crowd-pleaser with a lingering sensation of tuna and the silky smooth macaroni all coated in an amazing mayo-based dressing. This is a must-try tuna pasta salad for picnics, lunch, and even dinner!
Small mixing bowl
large mixing bowl
- 1⁄2 lb macaroni , cooked and drained
- ¾ -1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small lemon , juiced (about 2 tablespoons) or swap with vinegar
- 3-4 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 10 ounce tuna in water , drained
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1-2 hard-boiled eggs , chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup diced onion
- 1 cup frozen peas , thawed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons parsley (optional for garnishing)
Cook macaroni following directions on the package. Drain and rinse well. Let it cool while working on the sauce. After cooling, refrigerate until ready to use.
In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice or vinegar, sweet relish, and mustard. Set aside or refrigerate until ready to use.
Once macaroni has come to room temperature or cooled down - remove from the fridge.
Place in a large bowl together with tuna, celery, eggs, red bell pepper, peas, and onion.
Add the prepared mayonnaise sauce to the bowl and thoroughly mix.
Salt and pepper to taste. And then add parsley for garnishing.
Store in a tightly sealed container for 4-5 days. If salad seems dry, add a couple of tablespoons of mayonnaise to moisten.
- Swap macaroni with other sturdy pasta like fusilli, rotini, and the likes.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 451kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 663mg | Potassium: 490mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1244IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 3mg