Pao de Queijo
Cheesy PAO DE QUEIJO is your gluten-free snack you have totry at least once in your life. These affordable bites are so easy to make thatyou might make it your daily staple. Serve a bunch of these baked goodies toyour friends and enjoy the rich flavors this bread has to offer.
Servings 20 - 24 pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (240ml) whole milk
- ¼ cup (62.5ml) vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (56.75g) unsalted butter
- 2 cups (250g) tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon (5g) salt , plus more for topping, if desired
- ¾ cups (75g) freshly grated parmesan cheese , plus more for topping, if desired.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Spray the inside of a mini-muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
Then add eggs, milk, vegetable oil, melted butter, salt, flour and cheese into a blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth and thick.
Using a spatula scrape sides of the blender. Pulse for a few seconds. The dough is supposed to be soft and slightly runny.
Remove and pour into prepared muffin tin pan.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until puffed and golden. Remove from the oven - as you do the puffs would deflate - don’t be alarmed.
Let the bread cool for a few minutes before removing from muffin pan. Serve warm.
- You can buy tapioca flour at Whole Foods, Kroger, or at any big grocery store. Bob's Red Mill carries one.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 185mg | Potassium: 29mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 147IU | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 1mg