Air Fryer Hush Puppies
This crispy, tasty, and super-easy comfort food gives you a healthier take on this classic cornmeal treat. A hassle-free version of the southern favorite made instantly without giving you those few extra pounds. Now you can enjoy a guilt-free snack or side without compromising the taste and sensation!
Servings 18 - 20 hush puppies
- 1 cup (130 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (120 grams) cornmeal
- ½ tablespoon (6 grams) baking powder
- 2 tablespoons (25 grams) sugar
- 1 teaspoon (8grams) salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ⅓ cup (80 grams) buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped or grated onion
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons (40 grams) unsalted butter
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, salt, and garlic powder
In another bowl, whisk in buttermilk, and lightly beaten eggs until well combined.
Add the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until fully incorporated, then add grated onions and butter.
Preheat the Air Fryer - I preheat mine at 400 Degrees/ 204 degrees C for 5 minutes when ready to air fry.
Lightly grease the metal basket with cooking spray and arrange hush puppies in a single layer without touching each other.
Set your Air Fryer to 380°F, for 4-5 minutes. Flip over carefully and cook on the other side for an additional 4 minutes, or until cooked through and hush puppy is crispy.
- See my regular Hush Puppies HERE.
- You may add beer, jalapeno, okra, or corn kernels into the batter.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1hush puppy | Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 139mg | Potassium: 88mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 86IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg