Fluffy Cathead Biscuits
This flaky and pillowy fluffy Southern biscuit easily comes together in no time without burning a hole in your pocket. The biggest, easiest, and most amazing buttery biscuit you'll ever have with NO KNEADING involved! Whether you serve it as an appetizer, side, or a simple snack, you’re definitely in for a tasty treat.
Servings 6 biscuits
- 1 cup (135 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (230 grams) cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces (170 grams) unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 ⅓ cups (320 grams) buttermilk
- honey butter (RECIPE HERE) or honey, for serving
Preheat the oven to 425 F/220 degrees C.
Spray a cast iron pan or 10-inch round cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
Next, add butter and mix using a pastry cutter or fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs, this might take about 3- 5 minutes. Your flour should be crumbly with pea-size chunks.
Pour in buttermilk and mix with the fork until everything is combined. DO NOT OVERMIX. The mixture should be soft enough to scoop.
Use a ½ measuring cup to scoop up the dough. Place in the prepared cooking pan.
Bake for about 20 minutes or until it browns up. Remove and serve warm with honey, honey butter, or collard greens.
- You can use 3 cups of White Lily flour instead of a mixture of cake-flour and all-purpose flour.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only. Please keep in mind that it is a rough estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary greatly based on the products used.
Serving: 1biscuit | Calories: 480kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 735mg | Potassium: 345mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 797IU | Calcium: 165mg | Iron: 2mg