One of the easiest pasta you'll ever cook! Yes, you read it right! You’ll only need butter, olive oil, broth, veggies, and seasoning to make the magic for this dish.
Whisk or wood spoon
- 1 tablespoon (14.2 g) butter unsalted
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1½ cup Israeli couscous raw
- 2 cups (474 ml) water or chicken broth
- 1-2 cloves garlic cloves minced
- 3-4 tablespoon (45-60 ml) lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1-2 tablespoon (15-30 ml) honey (optional)
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup (59.25 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs and spices (optional)
- ½ medium red onion sliced thinly
- ½ cup (30 g) parsley chopped
- ¼ cup (7.5 g) mint chopped
- 1-2 cups cherry tomatoes sliced
- 3 pieces Persian cucumbers sliced in half-circle
- 10 pieces olives roughly chopped
- ½ cup (150 g) feta cheese (optional)
Heat saucepan with butter or oil over medium-high heat. Then add Israeli couscous and lightly salt. Stir the couscous occasionally or until fragrant and lightly toasted about 3-4 minutes.
Carefully add chicken broth or water to the pan. As you add broth might splash up.
Reduce heat to simmer, cover saucepan and simmer until tender and all the liquid has been absorbed by the couscous about 8-10 minutes. You want your couscous to be dry, not sticky.
Fluff and let it cool before combining with vegetables and dressing.
Mix minced garlic, lemon juice and honey, then add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
Slowly add the olive oil while briskly whisking to emulsify the dressing.
Add in dried thyme, parsley and sesame seeds. Feel free to add desired ingredients depending on what you like. Mix well then set aside.
Slice all the salad ingredients: onion, parsley, mint, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives.
Arrange couscous sliced onion, parsley, mint, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives in a bowl then add the dressing and mix.
You may add more or take out vegetables, you can choose which one you like. Adjust according to your preference. Perfect side dish for kabobs.
Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 26mg | Potassium: 62mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 544IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg