Salmon Croquettes – pan fried, protein-packed, breadcrumbed rolls made with salmon and aromatics. It makes for a quick and tasty appetizer , breakfast or dinner fix. Very budget-friendly and simple to make!
Servings 11 - 13 pieces
- 1 1 14.75 ounce (418.16 g) can salmon, drained and flaked
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten ( plus extra egg) optional see notes
- ½ cup (75 g) onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon (3 g) minced garlic
- 1 cup (125 g) bread crumbs (divided)
- 1 teaspoon (1.80 g) white pepper
- 1-2 green onions diced (about ¼ cup)
- ½ -1 teaspoon (2.3 - 4.7 g) hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon (1.42 g) salt, adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon (2.60 g) cajun seasoning
- oil (for frying)
Drain the liquid from the canned salmon into a measuring cup. Flake the salmon into a large bowl . Set aside.
In a large bowl, gently mix together the canned salmon, eggs, onion, garlic, ¼ cup bread crumbs, white pepper, green onions, hot sauce, cajun seasoning and salt.
Grab about 2-3 Tablespoons each of the salmon mixture – shape into croquette using your hands, into an oval shape – just like an egg.
Lightly dip the croquettes into the extra egg mixture until it is completely coated, if desired ,then drenched in bread crumbs. Set aside.
Heat a small non-stick frying pan with a medium-high heat, then add oil about ½ cup. Let oil heat until it reaches about 350 degrees F.
Gently place croquette in oil using a frying spoon, if needed, then fry about 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. You may have to do in batches to prevent croquette from being soggy.
Transfer to a plate with paper towels and serve warm with remoulade sauce.
Calories: 51kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 5276mg | Potassium: 34mg | Vitamin A: 145IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 0.7mg