Fish Fillet in Cream Sauce
Fish Fillet in Cream Sauce – the EASIEST, most simple, quick and flavorful fish fillet in a cream sauce. Ready in under 30 minutes.
Servings 2 -3 fillets
- 1-11/2 pound (453- 680 g) red snapper fillet about 2-3 fillets
- 2 tablespoons (28 ml) olive oil or canola oil
- ½ medium onion , diced
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) minced garlic or 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup (60 g) cream , heavy or whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (60 g) milk
- ¼ cup (68 g) tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon (1 g) smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon (1 g) white pepper or black pepper
- 1 teaspoon (1 g) thyme Italian herbs
- 1-2 tablespoons (4-8 g) chopped parsley
- ½ -1 cup (118 - 237 ml) broth or water
- Salt to taste
Rinse fish fillet, season with seasoned salt and pepper. Set aside.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot, and then add the fish fillet, brown 2 minutes on each side to ensure even brownness.
Remove fish and set aside. Drain oil and leave about 2 tablespoons.
Add onions, followed by minced garlic stir for about 5 minutes, then add cream, milk, tomato sauce, paprika, white pepper, thyme, parsley, ½ cup broth salt and pepper
Bring to a boil and let it simmer for about 7-8 minutes. Then add fish-Adjust sauce thickness and seasonings, with water or broth, salt according to preference. Simmer for a minute or two. Remove from heat and serve warm
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- If you want crispy exterior and soft flesh interior (just like the pan-fried ones) then you have to coat your fish with flour before pan-frying. Then place the fillet on top of your sauce. I usually don’t coat my fish unless it’s absolutely necessary .
- White fish fillet is very delicate so handle with care, make sure you are using a non-stick pan or for best results.
- You can replace the regular milk for evaporated milk or coconut milk if you want to reduce your calorie and fat intake.
- You may replace red snapper fillets with any white wish fillets like salmon and cod.
- This dish isn't spicy.
Serving: 1fillet | Calories: 314kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 267mg | Potassium: 720mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 865IU | Vitamin C: 10.7mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 0.9mg