Jamaican Inspired Peppered Shrimp
Jamaican peppered shrimp/Prawns – Finger-licking shrimp with a spicy kick and pack with tons of flavor – quick easy. Who needs a napkin?
- 1 pound medium shrimp about 40-50
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper habanero diced (replace with
- ½ medium onion sliced
- 2 ounce un-salted butter replace with canola oil
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- Juice of ½ lemon or more to taste optional
- ½ cup chicken stock or water
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Salt adjust to taste
Heat butter over medium heat in skillet. Then add, garlic, onions, paprika, scotch bonnet pepper and thyme. Sauté for about 2-3 minutes or until fragrant. Toss in shrimp, salt and continue stirring for another 2 minutes.
Add broth, bring it to a boil then simmer for another 3-5 minutes. Add lemon juice and green onions if desired Serve warm with bread
- Still want to make it with peeled and deveined shrimp – go ahead. It’s all good.
- Replace scotch bonnet pepper with Jalapeno pepper or just throw in the pepper without dicing if you can't stand the heat.
Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 316mg | Sodium: 1468mg | Potassium: 133mg | Vitamin A: 815IU | Vitamin C: 13.2mg | Calcium: 176mg | Iron: 2.7mg