Sausage Balls - fuss-free and great make-ahead appetizer and snack made of breakfast sausage, grated cheddar cheese, cream cheese, flour and seasonings. Cheesy, hearty and flavorful. The tastiest sausage balls you'll ever have!
Servings 20 - 30 sausage balls
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, at room temperature (mild or hot, your choice)
- 4 ounce cream cheese , at room temperature
- 6-8 ounce cheddar cheese , grated
- melted butter and parsley
- 1-2 tablespoon milk (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
In a large mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients: flour , baking powder, thyme onion and garlic powder, creole seasoning and salt.
Prepare baking or cookie sheets by lining with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large bowl mix together softened sausage and cream cheese.
Add add flour mixture and thoroughly mix using hands, work the ingredients together until well-combined. If too dry add about 1-2 tablespoons milk.
Stir in freshly grated cheddar cheese and mix until fully incorporated.
Scoop up dough an form about a tablespoon and roll into balls using your palms.Then place on prepared baking sheet Repeat until dough is all used up.
Space them out equally across your prepared baking sheet and bake for about 17-20 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through.
Brush with melted butter, if desired and garnish with parsley.
Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 304mg | Potassium: 156mg | Vitamin A: 225IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 1mg