Oven Baked Bacon
Oven Baked Bacon - crispy smokey bacon baked in the oven with no flipping or dodging on sputtering hot bacon grease. Hands-free, hassle-free method of cooking bacon that comes all ready in just 20 minutes. The best decision you'll ever make!
Servings 8 - 10 strips
- 8 -10 thick cut bacon slices
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil paper, then place an
ovenproof baking rack on top. Grease the baking rack lightly with nonstick
spray. Preheat oven at 400F.
Arrange the raw bacon in a single layer on the baking rack or directly on a
greased foil paper. Place pan in the oven and bake until it reaches your
desired level of crispness. This could take about 15 to 20 minutes, depending
on the thickness of your bacon.
Once ready, transfer the bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate using a tong and
lightly pat dry (this keeps it from getting soggy). Let it cool just enough so it
doesn't burn. Serve immediately or use to top salads, pastas, and sandwiches.
- To clean up, let the bacon grease cool and harden, then crumple it up inside the foil and trash. To save the bacon grease for another purpose, let it cool for a few minutes then transfer it to a lidded heat safe container or jar, and refrigerate.
- Baking time will vary depending on the thickness of the bacon, so keep an eye
on the oven beginning around the 12-minute mark to ensure the bacon doesn’t
- If you don't have an ovenproof metal rack, you can simply line your sheet pan with aluminum foil and arrange the raw bacon in a single layer.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1thick-cut slice | Calories: 92kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 146mg | Potassium: 44mg | Vitamin A: 10IU | Iron: 0.1mg