Homemade Croutons - buttery and crisp homemade croutons seasoned with just a handful of pantry staple ingredients. Perfect way to spruce up your salad or soup or even snack it on its own. Chewy, crunchy, buttery and flavorful bites!
- 1 loaf of French bread (about 12 ounces) , cut into 1/4-inch cubes (10 cups)
- ¼ cup (62.5 g) olive
- 2 tablespoon s (28 g) unsalted butter , melted
- 1 tablespoon (8 g) finely chopped garlic
- ¾ teaspoon (3.75 g) kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon (1 g) black pepper
- 1 tablespoon (5.5 g) Italian seasoning
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C), lightly grease a baking sheet with baking spray.
Cut bread into ¼ inch cubes and place them in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, pour olive oil, melted butter, garlic, salt, black pepper and Italian seasoning. Pour mixture to bread chunks and toss till it is evenly distributed.
Spread bread on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer, and bake flipping occasionally until golden brown for about 10-15 minutes. Remove and serve.
- Allow to cool off before storing in an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator for about a week. This makes it maintains its crispy texture.
- In place of olive oil you can use melted butter.
- Crouton is best when using bread which is at least a day or two old.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 952mg | Potassium: 85mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 230IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 2.3mg