Cube Steak and Mushroom Onion Gravy
Cube Steak and Mushroom Onion Gravy - fuss-free weeknight dinner featuring budget-friendly tender meaty steaks bathed in a tasty beefy mushroom onion gravy sauce. Your family are going to love this!
Servings 4 - 6 steaks
- 1 -1½ pound cubed steak (4 cube steaks)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons flour
Mushroom Onion Gravy
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or oil
- 1 – 1 ½ cup sliced mushroom
- 1 large onion , thinly sliced (about 11/2 cup )
- 1 teaspoon minced thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
Season steak with salt and pepper. Lightly sprinkle flour on cube steak. Shake of any excess flour.
Heat up skillet or cast iron on medium-high heat. Cook cube steak for about 4-5 minutes each side or until steak is brown. Remove steak and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, beef broth and water. Set aside.
Heat skillet over medium-high heat, then add about 2 tablespoons butter, followed by mushrooms, onion, thyme, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and Creole seasoning and sauté 6 minutes or until tender.
Add prepared gravy mixture to the skillet, and bring to a boil. Return steak and drippings to skillet. Salt and pepper if desired.
Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 8 to 10 minutes,adjust with more stock or water for desired thickness.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1steak | Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 255mg | Potassium: 758mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 407IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 3mg