Quiche Lorraine - the queen of all savory tarts made with a combination of flaky pie crust and an egg custard filling with bacon, cheese and a hint of heat from Creole seasoning. An amazingly easy and delicious breakfast or brunch that comes ready in no time. Serve it hot or cold!
Servings 8 slices
- 1 pie crust
- 1-2 tbsp (14g-28g) unsalted butter
- 8 oz (224g) bacon , chopped and cooked
- ½ cup (57.5g) diced onion
- 1 tsp (5g) minced garlic
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup (240g) heavy cream
- ½ cup (120ml) milk
- ¼ cup (28.75g) green onions , sliced
- 1 cup (113g) Gouda cheese , shredded
- ½-1 tsp (2g-4g) salt-free Creole seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 °F.
If using a prepared dough, let it thaw from the freezer for 30 minutes and roll out onto the tart pan. Bake for 5 minutes, or until edges are slightly brown. Remove and set aside.
Heat a large skillet with butter over medium heat. Move the bacon on the skillet and saute for at least 6-7 minutes, or until the bits have decreased in size and are completely brown. Remove using a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel-lined plate. Discard bacon fat - leave about 1-2 tablespoons.
Add onion and garlic to the pan, saute for about 2-3 minutes, remove - set aside with the bacon.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together sauteed onions and garlic, bacon, eggs, egg whites, heavy cream, milk, green onion, gouda cheese, creole seasoning, salt, and pepper together until combined. Pour mixture into the prepared tart pan.
Bake for 40 minutes or until quiche is thoroughly brown. It can be tested with a fork or toothpick to make sure it comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- You may use unbaked homemade pie crust or store-bought.
- Nutrition is based on per 1/8 slice of the quiche.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 463kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 154mg | Sodium: 538mg | Potassium: 213mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 828IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 229mg | Iron: 1mg