Western Omelette - super quick and easy egg breakfast meal packed with bell peppers, ham and cheese. This omelette is done and ready to eat in just 10 minutes or less. Breakfast made easy!
Medium mixing bowl
- 4 large eggs , room temperature
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons green bell pepper , diced
- 3 tablespoons red bell pepper , diced
- 3 tablespoons boiled ham , diced
- 3 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese to taste
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, salt and pepper. Beat until there are no white specks.
In a medium nonstick pan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over high heat. Add peppers and ham and sauté until tender - about 2 minutes. Add ham and cook for 1 minute. Reserve in separate bowl.
In the same nonstick pan, melt remaining butter over medium/low heat and pour egg mixture when the butter is sizzling. Using a rubber spatula, scrape sides of pan so egg does not stick. Lift the edges of the egg to allow the runny egg to go beneath and cook. Once egg is just cooked, about 1-2 minutes, remove from heat and flip egg using rubber spatula and let the heat from the pan continue to cook the other side of the egg.
Sprinkle cheese on half of the omelet and follow with pepper and ham mixture and top with more cheese. Fold egg over to form half circle.
- Always use a nonstick frying pan. If you are using a small frying pan, use only 2 eggs for your omelet.
- Use room temperature eggs. Eggs right out of the refrigerator take longer to set and may result in over cooking.
- This recipe makes 1 omelet. Multiply recipe accordingly to make how many omelets you want.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 565kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 748mg | Sodium: 1011mg | Potassium: 476mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2707IU | Vitamin C: 58mg | Calcium: 282mg | Iron: 4mg