Cinnamon French Toast Sticks
Sweet, fancy, and delightful bite-sized cinnamon-sugar coated French toast sticks will turn your world around with its buttery sweet flavor. A quick and easy fix for breakfast, brunch, or as an afternoon delight. Dip it with your favorite syrup or enjoy them as it is!
Servings 12 toast sticks
- 4 thick day-old bread and/or stale bread (see notes)
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup half and half (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon (4.2g) vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon (3.96g) cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon (0.25g) nutmeg
- 3-4 tablespoons (42g-56g) butter
Cut the edges of each toast, if desired. Then cut each piece into an inch thick.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
In a shallow plate or bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
Quickly dip the breadsticks into the egg mixture until both sides are dipped in the egg mixture - remove and let excess liquid drip off.
Place the sticks in a single layer on a lined baking sheet or plate. Proceed with the rest of the bread.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. As soon as the butter starts to sizzle, add the bread sticks in a single layer. (Do not overcrowd the pan.)
Cook until golden brown on one side then flip and continue cooking until the other side of the bread stick is golden-brown.
Immediately transfer the French sticks from the skillet into the cinnamon sugar mixture bowl Roll to coat all sides.
Transfer to a serving plate then serve with syrup and fruits.
- It is best to use a day or two old bread for this recipe. It helps soak up more of the egg mixture without it being soggy. Another good option is French bread.
- Half and half can be substituted with half cream and half milk or evaporated milk.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1stick | Calories: 88kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 39mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 152IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg