Rich, fluffy, and oh-so-yummy CARROT SOUFFLE is an elegant crowd-pleasing side dish any time of the year. It literally melts in your mouth and is a perfect alternative to those who aren't fans of sweet potatoes as a side especially on Thanksgiving. You’ll totally live for this simple indulgence!
Servings 5 - 6
- 1 pound (453.59g) carrots
- ½ cup (99g) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons (12g) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (4.2g) vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (31.25g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5g) salt
- ½ teaspoon (1.3g) cinnamon spice
- ¼ teaspoon (0.5g) nutmeg , optional
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup (120ml) milk or evaporated milk
- ¼ cup (56.75g) unsalted melted butter
Peel and cut the carrots into chunks, then add carrots into a medium saucepan. Water should cover the carrots at least an inch. Cook until soft about 15-20 minutes. Drain water from the carrots and return the pot back to the stove, on low heat. Let the moisture dry out from the carrots.
Place in a large bowl while carrots are still hot, then add brown sugar, baking powder, and vanilla extract. Followed by flour, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg spice. Thoroughly mix using a masher.
Whisk in eggs, milk, and melted butter. Continue mixing using a wooden spoon or spatula, until fully combined.
Pre- heat oven to 350 Degrees F or 177 Degrees C.
Spray an 8x8 casserole pan or oven-safe dish.
Pour mixture into a baking dish- about ¾ full.
Bake for about 30-40 minutes.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 158mg | Sodium: 597mg | Potassium: 562mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 15669IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 168mg | Iron: 1mg