A classic summer drink that will take you to the tropics in every sip. Made with fresh pineapples, cream of coconut, rum, and some ice. A wonderful refreshing and delicious summer cocktail! Perfect for every celebration or romantic weekend date night.
- 2 cups (490 g) fresh pineapples diced
- 5 oz (190 g) sweetened cream of coconut
- ⅓ cup (80 g) coconut milk
- 4 ounces (120 ml) white rum
- 2 ounces (60 ml) dark rum (optional)
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) fresh lime juice
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Maraschino cherries, pineapple, and lime slices for garnish
Combine fresh pineapple, cream of coconut, coconut milk, white and dark rum, lime juice and ice cubes to a blender cup.
Blend on high until smooth and frosty (slushy frozen drink consistency).
Pour into two tall glasses and garnish with maraschino cherries, pineapple, and lime slices.
- You can replace fresh pineapple with canned pineapple juice.
- Try experimenting with white and dark rums to find your perfect pina colada recipe.
- Use crushed ice if you don't have a blender to make a frozen pina colada.
- Buy unsweetened cream of coconut so you'll have more control of the sweetness.
- Serve your colada drink in a carved-out pineapple for a more tropical vibe.
- Do not add too much ice as it is going to melt and make the drink watery.
- Add fresh lime juice and a fresh sprig of mint to balance the sweetness of your cocktail.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Serving: 4.5fl oz | Calories: 238kcal | Fat: 2.8g