You’ll never want store-bought Jerk Marinade after making this super easy, no-fuss homemade version!
Servings 2 -3
- ½- medium onion coarsely chopped
- 4 medium scallions green onions chopped
- 2-3 Tablespoons Fresh Thyme
- 1½ tablespoons fresh ginger chopped
- 8 Garlic cloves chopped
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1 Tablespoon Allspice coarsely ground
- 1 tablespoon coarsely white pepper
- ½ Tablespoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Maggi Sauce or Soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon bouillon powder such as knorr
- 1 cup Fresh Mango, Pineapple(optional)
- 1 or more Scotch Bonnet Pepper adjust to taste
- If it is your first time working with Hot peppers use gloves.
- For a more intense Jerk Flavor leave out the fruits and use less than half of the onions.
- Since scotch bonnet pepper are hard to find here in the U.S. Substitute Scotch bonnet pepper with Habanero pepper. Or for am milder taste use habanero peppers and leave out the seeds.
- You can easily make this paleo by omitting the sugar and using honey and/ or coconut sugar instead
Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 673mg | Potassium: 456mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 1607IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 206mg | Iron: 4mg