Caribbean Cole Slaw
Caribbean Cole Slaw-A Mayo-Free Coleslaw – Light, Fruity , Sweet and Refreshingly Good! Makes the perfect no-cook side dish. Add your favorite protein and make it a meal!
Servings 4 people
- 1-2 tablespoons Dijon mustard or to taste
- 2-4 Tablespoons Combination Honey and/or Brown Sugar
- ½ Jalapenos pepper minced about 1 Tablespoons or more adjust to taste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, or freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Caribbean hot sauce adjust to taste
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups cored and shredded Napa Savoy, green and/or red cabbage
- 1 Large Ripe Mango peeled , sliced or Julienne
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2-3 diced scallion more or less
- White pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup minced parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup nuts almonds, sun flower seeds more or less nut
- Salt to taste
Combine all the dressing ingredients in a jar or bowl; honey, the hot sauce, mustard, white pepper, garlic, vinegar, lemon, Jalapeños pepper, and olive oil : Shake like crazy -to emulsify for about 2 minutes. Set aside. Be sure to shake it before each use.
Arrange Cabbage, Coleslaw, Carrots, scallons, mago in a bowl.
Add dressing to salad and toss to coat right before serving.Sprinkle with parsley and almonds
You may chill at this point. Serve when ready
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 79mg | Potassium: 251mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 950IU | Vitamin C: 25.7mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1.6mg