Pineapple Ginger-Glazed Carrots
Pineapple Ginger-Glazed Carrots – Sweet, flavorful, and tender, with a tropical twist - nutmeg, coconut oil and topped with almonds…the perfect side dish for your holiday dinner!
Servings 3 -4
- 1 Pound 453.6 grams Carrots Sliced
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- ½ cup Pineapple Juice
- ½ Tablespoon sweetener
- ¼ -1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon apricot preserve optional
Make the candied almonds by stirring together sliced almonds about ½ cup sliced almonds and about ¼ cup sugar for about 7 minutes or more
In a medium saucepan heat the butter over medium heat until melted, then add coconut oil together with ginger, stir for about 30 seconds
Then add carrots and sprinkle with salt and sauté over medium-high heat for 5 minutes stirring occasionally or until slightly brown
Stir in the pineapple juice, sweetener and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Once boiling turn heat to medium and let cook for 5 minutes or until it has slightly thickened
Remove from heat and mix in apricots preserves Serve warm top with almonds and or parsley
- Any cuts of carrots would work for this, make sure they are evenly sliced; you can even skip the cutting and go with the baby carrots.
- You can replace pineapple juice with orange juice and omit any spice you are don’t really care for.
- To add sweetness you may switch or play around with various sweeteners maple syrup, brown sugar and coconut sugar.
- Make the candied almonds by stirring together sliced almonds about ½ cup sliced almonds and about 1/4 cup sugar.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 141mg | Potassium: 537mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 25375IU | Vitamin C: 13.7mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 0.6mg