Curry Chicken Salad
Curry Chicken Salad- Elevate your chicken salad with the warm glow of curry, it has the perfect note of spice sweetness, crunch and acidity . Bold, bright and packed with flavor! Your taste buds are going to sing with joy!
- 2 pound chicken breast (cooked and chopped )
- 1/3- ½ cup celery chopped
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup ripe mangoes chopped
- 3-4 Tablespoons Golden raisins
- 1 green onion , chopped
- ⅓-½ cup macadamia nuts (replace with cashews)
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 or more teaspoons curry powder adjust to taste buds
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 -½ cup Mayonnaise or (half Mayonnaise /half greek yogurt)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
If cooking chicken from scratch. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; Cook for about 8 or more minutes on each side or until done. Place chicken on a cutting board. Cut chicken into desired shapes.
In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, celery,grapes,mangoes, raisins, and green onions.
In a smaller bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, curry powder, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Let it chill until ready to use.
Finally add the mayonnaise mixture to the bowl of chicken mixture, mix until the chicken and mayonnaise have been thoroughly combined. If you like your nuts crunchy throw it in at this time .
Refrigerate for at least an hour.
Serve on butter lettuce leaves or on bread as a sandwich.
Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 116mg | Sodium: 213mg | Potassium: 896mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 455IU | Vitamin C: 16.3mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1.6mg