Black Bean Corn Salad
Black Bean and Corn Salad - fresh bowl of summery goodness with black beans, corn and diced veggies with a nutty, little bit of spicy, sweet and fresh flavor. Makes a great appetizer with chips, toppings on grilled meat or as a side dish.
Servings 3 -4 cups
- 2 (15 ounce) can of black beans, rinsed and drained (or 1 1/2 cups of freshly cooked black beans)
- 2 cups corn (I used fresh corn )
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- 1/2 fresh jalapeño pepper , seeded and minced
- 1 red bell pepper , diced
- ½ cup diced purple onions
- 2 fresh plum tomatoes , seeded and chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin or more (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 -2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado , peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
Bring a small pot of water to a boil, then add the corn kernels, cook for about a minute or two minutes.
Immediately drain the water and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the black beans, corn, green onions, jalapeno peppers, bell pepper, purple onions and tomatoes.
Add cumin, minced garlic, honey, olive oil ,cilantro, salt and pepper to taste.
Toss, add avocados and chill until serving.
Calories: 438kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 740mg | Potassium: 1397mg | Fiber: 22g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 2235IU | Vitamin C: 82.3mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 5.2mg