Cucumber Tomato Salad
Cucumber Tomato Salad - a very simple yet healthy salad made with sliced cucumber, tomatoes, onions and avocado tossed in a tangy, sweet, garlicky dressing. Salad has never been this easy and tasty!
Servings 3 -4
- 2 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoon extra light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups tomatoes , quartered and cut in half
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced and half
- ½ small red onion , sliced thin
- 1 large avocado , peeled , seeded and diced large (optional)
In a small bowl, whisk together: vinegar, dijon mustard , garlic , sugar , onion powder, poppy seeds, salt and pepper and olive oil until fully combined.
In another bowl, mix sliced tomatoes , cucumber, onions and avocados.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- Double the amount of dressing if you want to make it ahead and just pour it over on salads whenever you feel like eating one. Store in the fridge.
- You may place the salad in the fridge an hour before serving if want a touch of cold in your bite.
- Toss some cheese if you want or raisins.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 42mg | Potassium: 769mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1020IU | Vitamin C: 29.8mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1.2mg