Cucumber Tomato Salad – a very simple yet healthy salad made with sliced cucumber, tomatoes, onions and avocado tossed in a tangy, sweet, garlicky dressing. Salad has never been this easy and tasty!
This Cucumber Tomato Salad here is probably the easiest salad you can whip up in a whim. Whenever I feel like eating something healthy but don’t have the willpower to slave in the kitchen (especially warmer days), this one here is my go-to “lazy salad” – it’s called that way for a reason. : D
Unlike this filling and elaborate 7 Layer Salad here or even this simpler Black Bean and Corn Salad, this cucumber tomato salad requires you almost not to lift a finger. You don’t have to sliced up different varieties of veggies or even diced them up into pretty tiny cubes to achieve a certain texture.
This salad here is pretty straightforward and packed with nutrients. It’s absolutely for those lazy days!
You probably have all the ingredients in your pantry now, so no excuse for you not to eat healthy on a daily basis.
If you find the cucumber skin a bit bitter, you can lessen that bitterness by peeling only half of the skin, leaving stripes of cucumber skin along its length. And it looks visually good!
And you’ll even love the simple dressing too. You can make it in advance, pour it over in a jar and place it in the fridge.
It’s a perfect dressing which the right blend of tang, sweet and garlicky to give a little pop to those veggies.
Who says veggies aren’t tasty at all? Go all out with the dressing and you’ll find no reason not to love every bit of this vegetable salad. It has so many fresh flavors in it that you can convince your picky eater to eat a bowl of this. And they wouldn’t get enough of this.
This cucumber tomato salad makes a wonderful side dish or a salad on its own.
Throw in some mozzarella cheese or raisins for an extra layer of flavor or some meat for added protein. Want to eat healthy? Check out my other list of wonderful salad recipes HERE.
Watch How To Make It
Cucumber Tomato Salad
- 2 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoon extra light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups tomatoes , quartered and cut in half
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced and half
- ½ small red onion , sliced thin
- 1 large avocado , peeled , seeded and diced large (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together: vinegar, dijon mustard , garlic , sugar , onion powder, poppy seeds, salt and pepper and olive oil until fully combined.
- In another bowl, mix sliced tomatoes , cucumber, onions and avocados.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes:
- Double the amount of dressing if you want to make it ahead and just pour it over on salads whenever you feel like eating one. Store in the fridge.
- You may place the salad in the fridge an hour before serving if want a touch of cold in your bite.
- Toss some cheese if you want or raisins.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.