Steak Seasoning – easy homemade seasoning made from pantry staple ingredients like garlic and onion powder, paprika, black and white pepper, coriander, curry powder and red pepper flakes. A must-have seasoning to transform your steaks to the next level!
I get a little bit sensitive when it comes to seasoning steaks. Steaks are not cheap cuts. Most of the time, they cost a fortune compared to the other usual meat. With that being side, steaks deserve much more than just salt and pepper to taste. Agree???
It’s like knocking yourself off if you happen to do that! Okay, I’m calming down now. *BREATHES*
Although you can find steak seasonings at the grocery stores, I prefer mine homemade since I can customize it according to my preference.
While steak marinade lets you soak your meat overnight to tenderize it, this steak seasoning here is a dry rub mainly used to add flavor to the meat. The salt added in this seasoning helps melt the meat fat as the meat cooks resulting to mouth-watering juicy meat. You can just apply directly the rub on your steak just before you cook them.
It’s as good as its marinated steak counterpart!
Double the recipe here if you’re into regular Sunday night steaks like we do. 😉 Store it in a tight-lid jar and place it in a dry place. Now you’ll have more reason to fire up the grill for summer. Want more STEAK recipes?
Tips and Notes:
- Make sure to bring your steak for 30-60 minutes before cooking.
- Add this dry steak seasoning or rub just before cooking. The salt content will draw out the water of the meat if applied too early before cooking which makes it hard for us to achieve a crusty sear.
- Store the seasoning in an airtight jar and place in a cool dry place to last for up to a year.
Steak Seasoning - easy homemade seasoning made from pantry staple ingredients like garlic and onion powder, paprika, black and white pepper, coriander, curry powder and red pepper flakes. A must-have seasoning to transform your steaks to the next level!
- ¼ cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (optional)
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, or Jar and stir so that all the ingredients have been fully combined.
Store in any airtight container (or zip lock bag) and start using on steaks, ribs and pork.