This BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP has everything you want in a dip. It’s creamy, cheesy, and spicy with boatloads of shredded chicken in the mix. Perfect with tortilla chips, sliced baguettes, or veggies for game days, gatherings, or simply for movie nights. A mouth-watering party starter!
No matter how perfect your party charcuterie board looks like, it will never be complete without a luscious dip like this Buffalo Chicken Dip.
Since the start of the chicken wing craze, people have been trying to create, recreate, and innovate the humble fried chicken but everyone who tried to do so knows that the real game-changer is the Chicken Dip.
If you’re planning on making a legendary gathering for you and your friends, you’re in luck! Because today, we are going to make an easy Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe that you may not just pair with chicken wings but also turn that bland white meat or leftover rotisserie chicken into a party starter.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Ingredients
With the growing popularity of Buffalo Wings, we wanted to let you have a taste of it in a dip form. Coz why not? Every scoop of this chicken dip is bursting with complex yet mouth-watering flavors! And did I mention that this has 3 different kinds of cheeses in it?
So what goes in a buffalo chicken dip?
- Cream Cheese – I personally love using Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- Ranch dressing – see my homemade version HERE
- Sour cream – swap with Greek or plain yogurt
- Cheddar cheese – I love sharp cheddar, but you can also use Colby Jack or white cheddar.
- Hot sauce – adjust depending on your preference and on the brand you’re using since some are spicer than the others
- Creole seasoning – see my homemade version HERE. This adds a nice heat and a deeper flavor.
- Minced garlic – fresh minced garlic is actually better than the powdered ones
- Worcestershire sauce – or soy sauce if you don’t have one for that umami flavor (see other SUBSTITUTIONS HERE)
- Shredded chicken – you can use leftover rotisserie chicken or my already flavored shredded chicken HERE
- Blue cheese – for that sharp and piquant flavor.
Can You Freeze Buffalo Chicken Dip
Yes, you can! As a general rule, food should be cooled down to room temperature before being refrigerated. Doing this technique decreases the chances of moisture buildup which might hasten bacterial development. This is especially important to this Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe because the whole dip is cheese-based.
Once you have cooled down the dip, you can now place it in an air-tight container and place it in the freezer for up to 3 months. Cover the dip first with a plastic or cellophane wrap, making sure that it touches the surface before you cover it with the lid.
When ready to serve, just reheat it in the microwave using a microwave-safe dish for about 30-40 seconds on high. Alternatively, you can pop it in a 350 degrees F preheated oven for 6-8 minutes or until you reach your desired temperature.
How Long is Buffalo Chicken Dip Good For?
Because this is a cream and cheese-based dip with chicken shreds, this chicken dip recipe will last for about 2-3 days in the fridge or up to 2 hours at room temperature before the taste starts to get funky.
What Do You Eat with Buffalo Chicken Dip
This Buffalo Chicken Dip is packed with flavor which goes well with just about anything you could think of.
- homemade tortilla chips
- potato chips or wedges
- carrots, bell peppers, or celery sticks
- toasted bread and baguettes
More Appetizer Recipes
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
Preheat oven to 350F degrees F. Add cream cheese, ranch dressing, and sour cream to a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix until all the ingredients are fully combined. As you mix, use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl, if you can. Throw in the cheddar cheese, hot sauce, Creole seasoning, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper. Continue mixing until completely incorporated.
Add shredded chicken and mix with a spatula. I like to have some chunks of chicken in my dip. If not, continue mixing with a hand mixer until it shreds completely. Adjust seasonings to taste. Pour the mixture into an 8-inch baking dish. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbling from the sides. Top with crumbled blue cheese. Serve immediately with homemade tortilla chips HERE, vegetable sticks, crackers, or sliced baguette.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 ounces packaged cream cheese , softened
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ¼ - ⅓ cup hot sauce (adjust to taste, with more or less since some are hotter than others)
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning , optional
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- black pepper to taste
- 2-3 cups shredded chicken
- 2-3 ounce blue cheese
- homemade tortilla chips
- carrot sticks or celery
- sliced baguette
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees F.
- Add cream cheese, ranch dressing, and sour cream to a large mixing bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, mix until all the ingredients are fully combined. As you mix, use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl, if you can.
- Throw in the cheddar cheese, hot sauce, Creole seasoning, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper. Continue mixing until completely incorporated.
- Add shredded chicken. Mix with a spatula, I like to have some chunks of chicken in my dip. If not, continue mixing with a hand mixer until it shreds completely. Adjust seasonings to taste. Pour the mixture into an 8-inch baking dish.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbling from the sides. Top with crumbled blue cheese.
- Serve immediately with homemade tortilla chips HERE, vegetable sticks, crackers, or sliced baguette.
Leave a Review