Easy Chili Recipe
Chili Recipe – rich, hearty, and filling beef chili recipe with ground beef and beef cubes, beans, chili seasoning, and other warm spices. An easy go-to family-friendly winter meal!
Servings 5 - 6 cups
- ½ pound (227 g) stew beef, small diced
- 1 ½ pound (680 g) ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon (8 g) minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 3 tablespoons (24 g) chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon (0.5 g) cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon (0.91 g) dried thyme
- 8 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cup (375 ml) beef broth
- 2 teaspoons (6 g) ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons (2 g) ground oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons (2.7 g) coriander
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) salt
- 3 tablespoons (30 g) masa harina
- shredded Cheddar, for serving
- chopped onions, for serving
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- sliced avocado, for serving
Heat oil in a large saucepan and brown diced beef over medium-high heat.
Add ground beef, breaking up the meat while stirring, and cook until no longer pink – about 6-7 minutes.
Then toss in onions, garlic, jalapenos, chili powder, cayenne pepper and dried thyme.
Mix until thoroughly combined. Cook for another 3-4 minutes to allow the spices to meld together.
Pour in the tomato sauce, followed by the beans and water/broth. Stir well and scrape the sides.
Add cumin powder, oregano, coriander, salt, and masa harina as a thickener. Stir and bring it to a simmer over medium heat and cook for about 15-20 minutes. Adjust broth/water when necessary or depending on your preference.
Turn off the stove and remove the pot from the heat. Serve with shredded cheddar, chopped onions, avocado, and/or tortilla chips. Enjoy!
- To store, let the chili cool down completely before transferring them in an airtight container and store in the freezer for 2-3 months. Now you’ll have an express chili whenever you feel like wanting to. You can also refrigerate it for like 2-3 days.
- You can also swap the beef cubes for diced turkey, chicken, or pork.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 471kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 124mg | Sodium: 901mg | Potassium: 828mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1715IU | Vitamin C: 8.8mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 6.1mg