Chimichurri Sauce - healthy, natural, herby Argentinian-inspired sauce jampacked with fresh bold garden flavors. The best accompaniment to all your grilled meats!
- 1 cup (60 g) (packed) fresh Italian parsley
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- ½ medium red onion
- ½ medium red bell pepper
- ½ teaspoon (1 g) dried crushed red pepper
- ½ cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon (1 g) freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon (1.5 g) dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 g) kosher salt
Wash and finely chop the parsley, garlic, onions and red bell pepper (or process in a food processor on several pulses), add red pepper and salt and place in a small bowl.
In another small bowl, pour olive oil, wine vinegar, black pepper and oregano and stir thoroughly.
Pour the olive oil mixture to the parsley mixture and mix until it is well blended. Adjust seasonings to taste.
Allow it to sit for about 30 minutes to release all the flavors to the oil before serving, most preferably 2 hours. If chilled, return to room temperature before serving.
- Sauce tastes better when served fresh, if covered well can last for about 2 days in the refrigerator.
- In case the olive oil solidifies in the refrigerator, allow it to warm up at room temperature for about 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Red wine vinegar is the best for chimichurri, but if you don't have one handy, you may use lemon juice. I don't recommend using balsamic or white vinegar.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 153mg | Potassium: 72mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 900IU | Vitamin C: 20.3mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 0.7mg