Beer Cheese Dip
Beer Cheese Dip - smooth, creamy and thick with a hint of heat pub staple dip. It uses just a handful of ingredients and requires little to no effort to make. A must-have for game nights, football parties or when you have friends coming over. Best paired with chips, soft pretzels or veggies. So good!
- 3 tablespoons (42g) unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons (30g) flour
- 1 teaspoon (5g) minced garlic
- 1 cup (240ml) whole milk plus more
- 1 cup (249.38g) beer
- 1 ½ cup (150g) medium or sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (100g) white cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon (0.5g) oregano
- 1 teaspoon (5g) mustard
- 2 teaspoons (10g) Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons (7-14g) green onions , chopped
Melt butter in a medium sauce over medium heat.
Whisk in flour, butter, and garlic, stirring for 1-2 minutes.
Add in whole milk, followed by beer. Stir constantly until the mixture has slightly thickened.
Gradually add in the cheeses, oregano, mustard, Worchestershire sauce, and green onion until all is combined.
It will continue to thicken as it cools, if it becomes too thick, add in an additional tablespoon of whole milk to thin it out.
Best served with my soft pretzels here!
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 342mg | Potassium: 126mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 723IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 392mg | Iron: 1mg