Green, lush, and healthy KALE SALAD with broccoli, cabbage, Brussel sprouts, dried cranberries, and pumpkin seeds tossed in a creamy homemade Poppy Seed Dressing. A bowl of superfood you’ll enjoy even if you’re not a vegan. Healthy, delicious, and a quick fix for lunch or even dinner!
Servings 4 - 5
- 4 cups firmly packed shredded kale , finely chopped
- 1 cup cups cabbage , thinly sliced
- 1 cup purple cabbage , sliced
- 2 cups broccoli slaw
- 2 cups shredded Brussels sprouts
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Poppy Seed Dressing
Identify the tough stems on the kale. then pull the kale leaves from the stems. Alternatively, you can also perform this task by folding each leaf in half with topside of the green folded inward. Cut along the stem and discard the stem. Then thinly slice kale into small pieces.
If using tough kale, place the leaves into a large mixing or salad bowl, then add a tablespoon of olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch of sea salt. Mix the kale gently with your hands to soften them or until the leaves are dark.
Add cabbage, brussels sprouts, broccoli slaw, cranberries, and pumpkin seeds.
Pour poppy seed dressing over salad and toss to fully combine salad with dressing.
Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator, until ready to be served.
- If you plan on making a day ahead you can still keep it fresh. Just keep it in a cold dry area in your fridge covered with a plastic wrap. Any leftover Kale Salad would in your fridge for 2-3 days although a little more wilted than ideal.
- Want to make it a full meal on its own? Add cooked proteins like chicken and shrimp.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 600mg | Potassium: 817mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 7517IU | Vitamin C: 190mg | Calcium: 175mg | Iron: 3mg