Hearty, spicy, and oh so flavorful TACO SOUP filled with meaty goodness is ready to warm your belly up! Enjoy your favorite Mexican comfort food with all of the tasty ingredients and without the messy spills. Make this super easy recipe in the comfort of your kitchen in just a few minutes to satisfy your cravings!
Servings 6 - 8
- 1 tablespoon (14ml) oil
- 1 pound (453.59g) lean ground beef
- 1-2 tablespoons (14ml-28ml) oil
- 1 tablespoon (8g) chili powder
- 2 teaspoons (6g) ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon (8g) minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno , seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon (2g) paprika
- 2 teaspoons (2g) oregano spice
- 1 medium onion , chopped (about 1 ½ cup)
- 1 (8 oz) can of tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ cup (247.5g) frozen corn
- 4 ounces (113.4g) green chile peppers
- 1 (15 oz) can of black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can of pinto beans , drained and rinsed
- 2 cups (500ml) beef broth or more
- 1 tablespoon (12g) taco seasoning (homemade HERE)
- salt and pepper to taste
- sour cream
- green onions
- sliced avocado
- tortilla strips
Heat some oil in a large skillet or cast iron over medium-high heat. Once heated, add the ground beef, breaking it up and stirring for about 3-5 minutes or until browned. Remove this and set aside.
Pour about 1-2 tablespoons of oil into the pan, then add chili pepper, cumin, garlic, jalapeno peppers, paprika, and oregano spice. Stir for about 30 seconds.
Add the chopped onions and ground beef and continue cooking for about 3-5 minutes or until onions are soft.
Finally, add in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, corn, green chili, rinsed black beans, beef broth, rinsed pinto beans, and taco seasoning. Bring it to a boil and let it cook on medium-low heat for 15 -20 minutes. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and water to taste and desired soup consistency.
Serve warm with the optional toppings.
- You can replace it with diced chicken breast to have Chicken Taco Soup.
- Replace the meat with kidney beans and swap broth with a plant-based broth for a Vegetarian Taco Soup.
- If using dried beans instead of the canned ones, make sure to soak them in water six to eight hours before you start cooking.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 387kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 803mg | Potassium: 1320mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 885IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 113mg | Iron: 7mg