Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri – a classic and popular fruity cocktail that is made with fresh or frozen sweet strawberries, rum, lime juice and some ice. Perfect for summer and spring parties, gatherings and holidays. A refreshingly good, eye-opening vibrant drink!
Servings 2 -3
- ¼ cup White Rum
- 2 cups Frozen Strawberries (about a pint)
- 2 tablespoons Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- 2 cups of Ice Cubes
- ¼ cup sugar
- Ice cream (about 4 scoops or more ) optional
In a blender add rum, lime juice, sugar and frozen strawberries.
Blend until smooth and creamy, pour into serving glass , about ⅓ top with ice cream, if desired . Another layer of strawberry daiquiri, followed by ice cream. Top with whipped cream if desired . And serve immediately
If using fresh strawberries blend all the ingredients and serve in glass.
- If you don’t have fresh strawberries on hand, frozen strawberries is a good substitute. Make sure that they are ripe or are sweet enough. However, If they aren’t quite that ripe yet, you may add little more sugar to amp sweetness
- When adding sugar, make sure you use the super fine one as it will dissolve instantly in the blender. If you cant find one, be sure to blend long enough to give the sugar the time to dissolve completely.
- To adjust the thickness of your frozen daiquiri, you may add as much or as little ice into the blender. For a slushy consistency, you may start by adding 1 cup of ice, then add another ½ cup at a time and pulse to your desired consistency.
- You may also adjust the the amount of lemon and lime juice for this recipe depending on your preference.
- Place a fine strainer over your glass/pitcher as you are straining so as not to include the strawberry chunks and tiny seeds onto your drink.
- White rum are the perfect choice for a daiquiri as it is sweeter compared to dark rums which tend to be rich and mellow. A good sub for a white rum though on daiquiri is vodka. Or you may leave it for a virgin version of strawberry daiquiri
- You can customize this drink to your preference. You may add more fruits into it or herbs for an earthy hint on your drink.
- Make sure to properly wash and hull (removing that inedible green stem) your strawberries before tossing them into the blender.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 220mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin C: 89.2mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 0.6mg