Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri – a classic and popular fruity cocktail that is made with frozen sweet strawberries, white rum, lime juice and some ice. Perfect for poolside or backyard gatherings and even on holidays. A refreshingly good, impressive, vibrant drink!
Happy weekend, folks! Speaking of weekend, how is the weekend usually spent in your household? Well, a typical weekend for us is doing some grilling and a couple of drinks in our little backyard.
And if you’re like me who stocks up on fresh strawberries before they go out of season, here’s what you can make out of those – my kind of cocktail – STRAWBERRY DAIQUIRI.
- refreshingly good
- great for dessert
I’ve already mentioned here on my blog that I’m not an alcohol type of person but this one is right up my alley. This special frozen Strawberry Daiquiri has served me and hubby well on most of our Friday Netflix nights.
What’s the Difference Between a Margarita and a Daiquiri
Daiquiris and margaritas are both tropical cocktails which I love. But I’d say this Strawberry Daiquiri is my favorite cocktail so far. Ahhh wait, wait..I’m still deciding between this and my Mango Margarita.
But what is really the difference between a margarita and a daiquiri?
First off, a daiquiri uses a rum and lime juice combo while a margarita uses tequila and orange liqueur. Second, in serving these drinks, a margarita is served in a margarita glass as opposed to a cocktail glass for a daiquiri. And lastly, a margarita glass is most of the time rimmed with salt while daiquiris aren’t.
What’s in a Strawberry Daiquiri?
Daiquiris are from the family of cocktails which is usually a mix of rum, citrus juice and sugar or another sweetener. And the most popular amongst them is this Strawberry Daiquiri. This drink recipe is SUPER EASY to make using only 6 ingredients:
- white rum
- frozen strawberries (fresh if you want it non-slushy)
- lime juice
- ice cubes
- ice cream (OPTIONAL; but it’s a must-try 😉)
What Kind of Rum Do You Use?
Did you know that Daiquiris originated from Cuba where rum is the king? There are different varieties of rum, but for this recipe, I chose white rum. White rum is the perfect choice for a daiquiri as it is sweeter compared to dark rums. I use Bacardi, in case you’re asking for the brand. For more options, you can check a good list HERE. Vodka can also be used as a good sub for white rum.
Can I Make This Into Non Alcoholic Strawberry Daiquiri
Yes, you can. You can have this adult version for yourself and serve a daiquiri WITHOUT THE RUM to your kids. Simply substitute the white rum for the same amount of water or fruit juice. They’re gonna love it!
Strawberry Daiquiri Variations
Aside from the virgin version of this drink as mentioned above, you can make other variations of this drink, too. How fun is that?
- Don’t like it slushy? Swap out the frozen strawberries for fresh ones and just pour it over ice for an on the rocks daiquiri.
- Want it more fruity? One of our readers commented on adding some mangoes and pineapples. Tropical drink overload! Go for it if it’s your thing!
- Try using apple juice instead of white rum. You’ll love the layering of flavors.
How To Make A Strawberry Daiquiri
This drink is way easier to make than it sounds. Simply blend all the ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy. Then pour it into a serving glass, about 1/3 of it, top with ice cream (this is a MUST-TRY), pour another layer of strawberry daiquiri on top and serve. Or you can add some whipped cream on top, if desired.
So instead of going out for a few drinks, why don’t you make one at home for a few bucks. You can have a glass of it again and again and again. Wohoo!
Cheers to the good life!
More Fun Cocktails For You
BROWSE more drink recipes HERE
Watch How to Make It
- ¼ cup White Rum
- 2 cups Frozen Strawberries (about a pint)
- 2 tablespoons Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- 2 cups of Ice Cubes
- ¼ cup sugar
- Ice cream (about 4 scoops or more ) optional
- In a blender add rum, lime juice, sugar and frozen strawberries.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, pour into serving glass , about ⅓ top with ice cream, if desired . Another layer of strawberry daiquiri, followed by ice cream. Top with whipped cream if desired . And serve immediately
- If using fresh strawberries blend all the ingredients and serve in glass.
Tips & Notes:
- If you don’t have fresh strawberries on hand, frozen strawberries is a good substitute. Make sure that they are ripe or are sweet enough. However, If they aren’t quite that ripe yet, you may add little more sugar to amp sweetness
- When adding sugar, make sure you use the super fine one as it will dissolve instantly in the blender. If you cant find one, be sure to blend long enough to give the sugar the time to dissolve completely.
- To adjust the thickness of your frozen daiquiri, you may add as much or as little ice into the blender. For a slushy consistency, you may start by adding 1 cup of ice, then add another ½ cup at a time and pulse to your desired consistency.
- You may also adjust the the amount of lemon and lime juice for this recipe depending on your preference.
- Place a fine strainer over your glass/pitcher as you are straining so as not to include the strawberry chunks and tiny seeds onto your drink.
- White rum are the perfect choice for a daiquiri as it is sweeter compared to dark rums which tend to be rich and mellow. A good sub for a white rum though on daiquiri is vodka. Or you may leave it for a virgin version of strawberry daiquiri
- You can customize this drink to your preference. You may add more fruits into it or herbs for an earthy hint on your drink.
- Make sure to properly wash and hull (removing that inedible green stem) your strawberries before tossing them into the blender.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.