Refreshing Pineapple Ginger Juice with just the right blend of sweet, spicy and sour taste.
Everyone has a favorite way to use ginger, some folks like to include it in stir-fries: others feel it is best added to sauces and soups.
Regardless of your favorite way of consuming ginger. This pineapple ginger juice is a great way to keep you cool this summer. Plus did you know there are some staggering medicinal values attributed to ginger.
My aunt swears by it, she makes ginger, lime and honey and that is the only remedy she uses to cure a cold. Some articles even mention the fact that it has aphrodisiac properties.
No, I can’t vouch for that. But is good to know.
You can work this juice to your liking. Love the spicy zing from ginger? Add some more ginger? Don’t care too much for sugary drinks reduce the amount sugar. You get what am trying to say right?
However, I would employ you to make the recipe as is to determine which way to proceed. It is a great juice combination- a complex, yet perfectly balanced combination of sweet, spicy, slight sour.
I used fresh pineapple in this recipe, but when I am press for time store-bought pineapple juice works just fine. If you live in an area where pineapples are really sweet then reduce the amount of sugar or completely eliminate it. In my neck of the woods they are not. Yeah, poor me.
Now if you want to be really happy and forget all your “wahala “ meaning trouble then add some rum to it .
Watch How to Make It
Pineapple Ginger Juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 ounce ginger chopped
- 7 cups hot water.
- 1-2 cups fresh pineapple juice
- Juice of freshly squeezed lime
- In a large bowl, mix ginger and hot water. Let it sit for about an hour or more. Using a cheesecloth or fine sieve, drain the water and set aside.
- In a medium bowl bring to a boil 2 cups water and sugar. Simmer until sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool
- Combine ginger water, juice and simple syrup stir and serve over ice
Tips & Notes:
- I used fresh pineapple in this recipe, but when I am press for time store-bought pineapple juice works just fine.
- If you live in an area where pineapples are really sweet then reduce the amount of sugar or completely eliminate it.
- You can also add rum to it