Grill Pineapple Black Bean Salsa – a healthy, flavorful, and easy salsa bursting with flavors from grilled pineapple, black beans, bell pepper, and jalapeño peppers. It tastes even better the next day!
I’d like to introduce you to a simple fiesta side dish made with grilled pineapple, black beans, chopped bell peppers, tomatoes, jalapenos, cilantro, lime juice, onions, and honey.
The thing is when you combine all these fresh ingredients you are rewarded with a burst of freshness, sweetness, color, and texture. And a boatload of healthy deliciousness that would make you want to eat the whole bowl and feel good about it.
Just perfect for grill season or accompaniment to any tacos or pineapple chicken.
A key component in making salsa is that you might have to adjust the flavors depending on your ingredients. I really like my salsa spicy with a kick to it, so I make it with loads of jalapenos.
But when am entertaining I use little to no jalapenos especially if kids are involved.
These pineapples here are exceptionally sweet and so I adjust the amount of honey used. Just saying, you have to adjust as you go (depending on your pineapple.)
Pair it with these Grill Jerk Chicken Tacos or this Pineapple Chicken.
Grill Pineapple Black Bean Salsa
- 2 cups diced grill pineapple, about ½ pineapple
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ jalapenos seeded and minced, optional
- 1- 3 tablespoons honey
- juice of lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of ground cumin, optional
- Preheat the grill for medium heat. Spray pineapple pieces with cooking spray then grill for about 7-10 minutes until pineapple is lightly browned. Remove pineapple from the grill and let it cool before cutting it into small pieces or chunks.
- Add diced pineapple, red onion, green onion, drained beans, tomatoes, minced garlic, cilantro, lime juice, honey, Jalapenos pepper, and lime zest; stir to combine. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to eat. Taste even better the next day.
Tips & Notes:
- Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary significantly based on the products used in the recipe.
Leave a Review