Grill Pineapple Black Bean Salsa- Healthy, flavorful and easy salsa bursting with grilled pineapple, black beans, bell pepper and jalapeño peppers. Tastes even better the next day with an intense, bold flavor.
I’d like to introduce you to a simple fiesta side dish made with grilled pineapple, black beans, chopped bell peppers, tomatoes, jalapenos, cilantro, lime juice, onions and honey.
The thing is when you combine all these fresh ingredients you are rewarded with a burst of freshness, sweetness, color, and texture. And a boatload of healthy deliciousness that would make you want to eat the whole bowl and feel good about it.
Just perfect for grill season or accompaniment to any of Tacos or Pineapple Chicken.
A key component in making salsa is that you might have to adjust the flavors depending on your ingredients. I really like my salsa spicy with a kick to it, so I make it with loads of jalapenos.
But when am entertaining I use little to no jalapenos especially if kids are involved.
These pineapples here are exceptionally sweet and so I adjust the amount of honey used. Just saying, you have to adjust as you go (depending on your pineapple.)
Pair it with these Jerk Tacos here
Or this Pineapple Chicken Here
- 2 cups diced grill pineapple about ½ pineapple
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 green onion diced
- 1 15 ounce can black beans drained
- 1 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- ½ jalapenos seeded and minced optional
- Juice of lime.
- 1- 3 tablespoons honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced.
- Pinch ground cumin optional
- Preheat grill for medium heat. Spray pineapple pieces with cooking spray then grill for about 7-10 minutes until pineapple is lightly browned. Remove pineapple from grill and let it cool before cutting in to small pieces or chunks
Add diced pineapple, red onion, green onion, drained beans, tomatoes, minced garlic, cilantro, lime juice, honey, Jalapenos pepper and lime zest; stir to combine. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to eat. Taste even better the next day.