Spicy Grilled Corn Salad – grilled fresh sweet corn with a kiss of heat and a bit of creaminess. A perfect summer indulgence on the side!
May, my birthday month, is one of my favorite months of the year second to December. But the main reason I love May is summer baby! It lets me know summer is on its way without the scorching heat. Some get excited over the hot weather, vacation plans and summer fun. Moi? Summer Produce. As soon as corn starts averaging $1 for 5. I am thrilled. You don’t need much to get me animated. This week, in my neck of the woods, most super markets are having some sort of corn sale and I am on it, like white on rice. Corn is one of my favorite produce. Since am a sweet tooth gal it always hit the sweet spot. This helps me tone down on my sugary cravings. After eating fresh corn I am somewhat satisfied. Well- maybe for about an hour . Here is a simple spicy grilled corn salad that I like making when corn is in season. To be honest, I never make the same grill or roast corn recipe. I just go with what I have in my fridge. It is very versatile because you can add or remove any ingredient that does not rock your boat. The corn can be roasted using a stovetop grill or outside grill. Enjoy
Spicy Grilled Corn Salad
- 6 ears of sweet corn , silks and husks removed
- 4 ounce grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 Persian cucumbers large diced
- 1 medium avocado peeled diced mixed with lemon
- 2 small garlic cloves . minced
- 1/2 small red onion . finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon reduced fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons reduced fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup or more queso fresco or feta cheese
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- ½ teaspoon salt or more to taste
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cayenne pepper, salt, garlic , cheese and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Preheat stovetop grill pan or an outdoor grill. You may lightly spray corn with cooking spray or brush with butter.
- Grill corn, turning occasionally, until charred or brown about 7 - 10 minutes; remove from heat and let it cool. Slice off kernels with a knife and place in a bowl.
- Mix the mayonnaise mixture and all the other ingredients. Serve warm or cold